Mediterranean Barley // Roasted Tomatoes
Simplicity, the ultimate form of sophistication. Well there's a dish to prove it...
That sweetness of oven roasted cherry tomatoes is pure bliss, if you discover them there is no way you'll ever chuck plain tomatoes to your hot dishes again.
And it's great to make in advance just chuck your tomatoes and Fresh Basil in the day you serve your dish!
- 2 cups of cooked Barley
- About 1/2 kg Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup of coarsely chopped olives
- A few sprigs of fresh Basil
- 1 small garlic bulb
- 1 sprig of fresh Rosemary
- Virgin Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 200-220°C
- Cook Barley according to package instructions
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half, you can leave them whole as well if you prefer. Chop the garlic bulb in half too
- Add a good splash of olive oil, salt and pepper and mix with your hands so everything is covered
- Cook in your oven for about 35 minutes or until you see slight burning appear, check whether the garlic is mushy.
- Leave the roasted tomatoes until lukewarm before mixing all ingredients together. The garlic you can just squeeze in with your fingers :-)