Oh well, here we are again. A whole list of new year's resolutions ready to blow them at the second chance. As we're only day 2 into 2018 I'm still sticking to resolution nr 1: stop overthinking it. Might sound like a strange resolution but I would be the kind of person making lists of recipes that I could maybe make... and then end up eating pizza.
Check for resolution nr 1, yay!
No rules for this one, just grab all veggies you can from your fridge and pour Miso Chicken broth over it. Trust me on this one, miso works with literally everything hence the screw up factor is 0.
Serves 2 + leftovers
- 1 L of chicken stock with 1 tbsp of Miso
- 1 soft boiled egg (5 min)
- 1 small bok choy
- A small handful of celery leaves
- 2 tbsp of Sunflower seeds
- A small handful of chervil
- 1.5 cup of buckwheat noodles
- 1 spring onion
- 4 tbsp of soy sauce
- 4 radishes
- A handful of chinese cabbage (the greener softer part)
- Hot pepper flakes
- Some freshly grated ginger
- Bring your Miso chicken stock to a simmer, add the boy choy for 2 minutes.
- Boil the egg for 5 minutes, rinse under icecold water and put as a whole in cup together with the soy sauce ( don't throw away the soy sauce afterwards, you can still use it :-) )
- Add the buckwheat noodles to the broth and cook for about 4-5 minutes and take them out.
- Chop up cabbage, spring onion and other vegetables and assemble them all in your bowl together with the buckwheat noodles.
- By now your egg will have a nice coat of soy sauce, slice in two and add to your bowls
- Pour the hot broth over the vegetables and sprinkle with sesame and sunflower seeds , grated ginger and goes without saying, hot pepper flakes.
- For some extra spiciness in your broth I love to add a tbsp of Maangchi's Ssamjang.
Simple come Bonjour as the french say, and a little extra is that you only used one pot!
Let's give ourselves a cleaning break in 2018! * wishful thinking*
Let me finish of this First Blog Post with wishing you all a fabulous 2018, with good health, good spirit and great adventures ahead!