After what seems like months of dreary & rainy days we finally got ourselves a hint of spring this weekend.
I can tell you that the last weeks were pretty intense. We got the ABC of toddler diseases in 2 weeks (tummy bug, troat infection and the chicken pox... yup) and work was pretty hectic as well.
So I was beyond ectatic to have a friend weekend planned to Barcelona last weekend! And if you think that went smooth... think again. In my head we were flying back on sunday, nope got it all wrong so I had to book a new flight, which then got cancelled because of the french strike and had me booking Another flight.
But it was f.a.n.t.a.s.t.i.c , might have had maybe a bit too much Vino but the Tapas largely made up for that. And spending time with the sweetest friends was pure gold.
So, I do hope we’re off to a bit of a routine again. And with Bbq season just around the corner. It was time to make some new delicious side salads.
Serves 6 as side dish, 3 as main meal
- 4 cooked beets
- 1 cup uncooked M’hamsa couscous
- 1 cup of chervil
- 2 large apples
- 2 cups of sugar snaps
- 1 finely chopped shalot
- about 6 radishes
- Apple cider vinegar
- Olive oil
- chop or slice the beets with a mandolin as well as the apples.
- cook the couscous in 1,5 cup of water
- Slice up the radishes
- steam the sugar snaps for about 3-4 minutes
- Mix everything together and generously add seasoning.
- and the last step is the most important, vinegar. I like it nice and tangy but be careful not to screw it all up by adding to much.
- If you’re making this in advance, don’t add the vinegar until you’re ready to serve. The other ingredients tend to soak up the vinegar.
There is something about the flavors in this dish, sweet, sour, salty yum!
So here here to a new week and wish you all a good weekend!